You’re a skilled digital designer looking to make a difference with the products you work on. You want to put your skills to a positive use – helping socially progressive organisations to communicate their knowledge and ideas online.
You are happy to work independently but aren’t afraid to ask for help when you encounter tricky issues, and you’re always willing to help colleagues find solutions when they get stuck.
You stay on top of new trends and innovations in web design and find ways to apply them to your own work. As a plus, you may also have previous knowledge or experience of component-based workflows, pattern libraries and design systems, as well as ability to prototype and/or animate.
You will have the confidence and communication skills to engage directly with clients and to explain your proposed solutions to them. It would also be great if you had some experience working for non-profit clients.
You must also have fluent written and spoken English.
About the job:
You will work as part of a growing in-house team of digital designers, led by our head of web and brand design. You will also collaborate closely with other colleagues, including project managers, developers and content strategists.
The main focus of the job is to execute digital design tasks to a high standard – this will most often involve the creation of new websites and other digital products, but will also include making improvements to existing platforms.
Most of our digital projects involve the delivery of an organisation’s main website, but we also build smaller sites and other products, including interactives and our flagship online Reader.
You will work with clients and colleagues to ensure that user experience, user interface and visual design considerations are given due weight and attention throughout the lifecycle of digital jobs and projects. You may also assist colleagues in quoting for design jobs as required.
We expect all our staff to act autonomously and take responsibility for their own projects – with support when they need it, of course – so they can feel a personal sense of accomplishment when we successfully complete a piece of work.
The role is normally based in our Whitechapel studio, which is still open for a limited number of staff. We are currently offering optional remote working due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we plan to return to our studio at least on a part-time basis (three days per week) by the beginning of November.
Once here, you will:
- Set a very high standard in the execution of your digital design work.
- Engage with clients and colleagues to ensure the design brief for any digital project you work on is clearly defined and understood.
- Have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of client projects, working with some of the world’s leading mission-driven policy, research and advocacy organisations.
- Work with colleagues across the agency to develop and maintain relevant aspects of the agency’s process for digital design work, and any associated resources.
- When circumstances allow, work with other team members to push the boundaries in the agency’s digital design practice.
- Play a role in winning new business, working with our client services team as required to develop proposals and quotes.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and a good benefits package with some great perks, including:
- 25 days paid annual holiday plus a three-day Christmas closure and public holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme, tech loans and season ticket loans
- Flexible working around core hours (10am–4pm) with the possibility of hybrid working (splitting your time between home and the studio)
- Generous parental leave and other family-friendly policies
- A calendar of regular social events
- Matched pension contributions
- Barista quality coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
On the rare occasions we ask you to work overtime, we’ll make sure you get the time back.
Soapbox is a creative studio for ideas that matter. We partner with forward-thinking organisations to turn knowledge and evidence into social progress. We are designers, web developers, writers, thinkers, storytellers and problem-solvers. We are passionate about the power of ideas and evidence to build a better world.
We are a flexible and fair employer and our values run through everything we do, from the clients we work with to the way we treat our staff. This has helped us to build a close-knit, hard-working and ambitious team.
Many of our colleagues have worked with us for a large part of their career, advancing professionally over their years with us. And our growing roster of clients include many of the world’s leading charities, NGOs and research organisations.
We have an informal all-agency meeting via video conference each week and there’s a calendar of staff events across the year, including a summer picnic and winter walk.
We have two studios in the UK – one with stunning views over the City and East End in Whitechapel, and the other on the banks of the Avon in the centre of Bath. Both studios have been fitted out to a high standard, with excellent social spaces.
Note that our planned return to studio working in November will be subject to government guidance and our own risk assessment. We do not expect employees to return to the studio full-time until well into 2022 and we will be happy to consider applicants who want to work from home (at least some of the time) on an ongoing basis.
Inclusion and diversity:
We are committed to equality of opportunity and know that including employees with a diverse range of perspectives and experiences will improve the quality and creativity of the services we provide.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who are members of groups that are currently under-represented at Soapbox, including LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and people from minority ethnic and religious communities.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Your CV
- A PDF portfolio of your work and/or a functioning link to an online portfolio and/or personal website.
- A covering letter telling us why you would like to work at Soapbox and where you first found out about this job.