We are looking for an experienced account manager to lead our Client Services team. This role combines managing the internal team of project managers and new business colleagues, with management of key accounts/projects.
You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the agency’s projects are delivered efficiently and client relationships are maintained and improved.
Day to day, you’ll be making sure all projects are well supported and that team members and clients are working seamlessly together. You’ll be spotting new business opportunities and having an input at a senior management level to discuss ideas and client concerns.
This is a highly collaborative role, working with other colleagues from across the agency, and dealing with clients daily. Although we anticipate the role will begin remotely, we expect this person to work full-time in our London studio when it is safe to do so.
The role is a 12 month maternity cover with potential for the right person to stay with the agency longer term.
- Managing and working closely with the team of project managers to be aware of all ongoing projects and potential issues.
- Managing new business colleagues, ensuring knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
- Working with colleagues to resolve resourcing issues as needed, bringing in extra resource when required.
- Collaborating on proposals/pitches including project planning and project design.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to increase our work with key clients and adding value to the work we do for them.
- Taking personal responsibility for key accounts/projects, managing those projects from start to finish.
- Setting a high standard in your work and customer service, identifying areas for the agency to improve our processes and implementing improvements.
- Ensuring an efficient flow of information between the Client Services team and other teams.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ agency experience at a senior level in Client Services, project management, or account management.
- Demonstrable history of spotting new business opportunities and building relationships.
- Experience in leading, inspiring and mentoring internal teams.
- Natural organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail on schedules, budgets and targets.
- A good understanding of the products and services Soapbox offers, potentially a specialism in one or more areas.
- Exemplary customer service skills including experience of client negotiation and client management skills.
What we offer:
- Flexible working around core hours (10-4)
- 25 days holiday per year (plus three additional days off over the Christmas period)
- Matched pension contributions
- Regular social activities
- Cycle and tech loans
- Barista quality coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
We’re a design and digital communications agency focused on ideas that matter. We work with many of the world’s leading charities, NGOs and research organisations. Our main services include publication design, digital design and development, branding, information design, and film and animation.
We are a flexible and fair employer and our values run through everything we do, from the clients we work with to the way we treat our staff.
We are a close-knit, hard-working and ambitious agency with a growing roster of clients around the world. We have an informal all-agency meeting via video conference each week and there’s a calendar of staff events across the year, including a summer picnic and Christmas walk.
We have two studios – one with stunning views over the City and East End in Whitechapel, and the other on the banks of the Avon in the centre of Bath. Both studios have been fitted out to a high standard, with excellent social spaces.
If that sounds appealing, get in touch.
How to apply:
Email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org