We’re looking for an organised and energetic HR advisor to support our team. You’ll be involved in all aspects of HR from recruitment and selection to professional development and employee relations. You’ll be providing advice and support to managers on all things HR so you will need a strong knowledge of current employment legislation as well as an appreciation for the work we do as well as a drive for continuous improvement. This is a varied and generalist role within a small and growing creative team, you’ll be expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
Your role will include
- Providing consistent advice and support to managers on a range of people matters including recruitment and selection, ED&I, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, and absence management;
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives to support the overall business strategy;
- Reviewing policies and procedures, ensuring these are kept up to date with changes in legislation and best practice;
- Leading on all family friendly queries, meetings and administration including parental leave and flexible working;
- Supporting employee engagement and experience.
As well as having demonstrable experience in this field, you must be extremely well organised, able to work under your own initiative, and comfortable with multi-tasking. You must be able to handle sensitive discussions; confidentiality and discretion are key. You must be up to date with current legislation and trends in HR and an advocate for your own professional development.
- CIPD Qualification minimum level 3.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Proven experience as an HR Advisor, HR Consultant or similar role.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities.
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly.
- Experience of people management and HR processes, including performance management, appraisals, pay reviews and recruitment.
How to apply and candidate information
We’d love to know about you, your experience and what you can bring to Soapbox.
Please submit a CV and supporting statement to email@example.com before midnight on 2 April.
Applications without a supporting statement will not be considered
We’re keen to diversify the voices and perspectives in our team, helping the sector we work with to become more inclusive and diverse. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role so if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
No agencies please.