We’re looking for a senior designer with brand and digital experience to lead our branding practice.
About you: You’re a creative and organised thinker who enjoys the challenge of creating concepts from scratch. You understand and are interested in the strategy underlying a brand and your work is underpinned by intelligent ideas and a clear rationale. You’re an experienced communicator with a positive attitude, and enjoy working with clients to get to the heart of their brand.
Typography is a core foundation of your work, but you’re also a versatile designer. You’re able to adapt your approach and style in line with the brief and are adept working across print and digital. You have an excellent understanding of the technical and financial implications of your decisions and an in-depth knowledge of how your work can be applied across all mediums – with an increasing emphasis on web platforms.
You’re happy working collaboratively as part of a team, but also enjoy the freedom and autonomy to find your own solutions. You’re confident in communicating directly with clients and helping them to understand the decisions you have made.
About us: Soapbox is a creative studio for ideas that matter. We partner with forward-thinking organisations to turn knowledge and evidence into social progress. We are designers, web developers, writers, thinkers, storytellers and problem-solvers. We are passionate about the power of ideas and evidence to build a better world.
About the role: Your role will be to lead on design projects, combining craft, an eye for detail and enthusiasm to deliver work on time and to the highest standards. You will be involved at every stage of a project, collaborating closely with design, strategy and client services colleagues to create compelling and exciting solutions that help drive our clients – and the sector – forward.
As senior brand designer and practice lead, you’ll be both directly contributing to projects and offering support and guidance to other designers. You will maintain an overview of all branding work being carried out and support the directors and client services team in ensuring the effective running of this aspect of our business. You’ll be collaborating closely with our strategy team, as well as working with our head of web and brand design to create cohesive brand systems that work harmoniously both in print and on screen.
This role will be based out of our London studio when it’s safe to open again, but for the time being you’ll be comfortable working and collaborating remotely.
Once here, you will
- Set a very high standard in the execution of your own brand design, with a particular emphasis on more challenging and innovative work.
- Engage with clients and colleagues to ensure the brief for any individual project is clearly defined and understood.
- Have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of client projects, working with some of the world’s leading mission-driven policy, research and advocacy organisations.
- Be involved at every stage of the project process – from key workshops to client presentations, concept generation to guidelines.
- Be constantly looking for ways to push the boundaries in brand design and extend brand applications digitally.
- Work with colleagues across the agency to develop and maintain relevant aspects of the agency’s process for branding work, and any associated resources.
- Advise and assist other designers as required in carrying out brand design work, as well as reviewing and assuring the quality of their outputs.
- Play a role in winning new business, working with the client services team as required to develop quotes and proposals.
- Contribute as required to the development of agency business planning, marketing, strategy and creative vision, including oversight of Soapbox’s own brand assets.
Inclusion and diversity
We are committed to equality of opportunity and know that including employees with a diverse range of perspectives and experiences will improve the quality and creativity of the services we provide. We particularly welcome applications from candidates who are members of groups that are currently under-represented at Soapbox, including LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and people from minority ethnic and religious communities.
What we offer: We offer a competitive salary and a good benefits package with some great perks, including:
- 25 days annual holiday plus Christmas closure and bank holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme and tech loans
- Season ticket loans
- Flexible working around core hours (10am–4pm)
- Generous maternity and family-friendly policies
- A calendar of regular social events
On the rare occasions we ask you to work overtime, we’ll make sure you get the time back.
How to apply: please email email@example.com, including:
- Your CV
- A PDF portfolio of your work
- A covering letter telling us why you would like to work at Soapbox, where you first found out about the job and a link to your website or online portfolio (if you have one).