We are looking for a Support Desk Assistant to work within our Client Services team to support our clients and the websites they host with us. This is a client-facing role that would suit candidates who may have staffed an IT/software support desk before, have a web/technical background and who enjoy troubleshooting and solving client’s problems.
You will complement and learn from our team of Digital Project Managers who have managed the build of the websites themselves, then pass on to you to oversee the sites’ hosting and maintenance, as well as triage and validate support tickets when they’re raised by clients.
You will also work closely with our friendly and collaborative team of web designers and developers to investigate issues, quote for new work, schedule in resources and project manage the process, and bill for the work performed. You should be highly organised, solutions-oriented and keen to not only follow how we do things, but also help us improve how things are done.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide frontline support for live websites, via Zoho Desk, our online ticketing system
- Triage issues raised and liaise with appropriate practitioners to identify and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Escalate appropriate tasks to relevant Project Managers and work with them as needed to service clients’ needs
- Where possible, directly answer questions about the CMS, create new logins and troubleshoot how to use both WordPress and Drupal content management systems
- Keep our ticketing system organised and ensure we meet our service level agreements
- Maintain a schedule of maintenance for all sites and oversee their monthly cycle of maintenance carried out by developers, as well as irregular maintenance tasks
- Maintain a schedule of hosting and support arrangements, including raising invoices and providing billing projections
- Potentially manage some continuous improvement accounts, working directly with clients on a monthly cycle of improvements to their sites
- Friendly, positive customer service style, including excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience using WordPress and/or Drupal content management systems
- Some project management of digital work
- Highly organised and methodical in performing administrative duties, using tools like MS Excel/Google Sheet
- Ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with bugs and problems
- Have some web/technical background
- Experience using ticketing systems such as Zoho Desk, ZenDesk or Jira Service Desk
- Previous IT/software support desk experience
- An interest in working with policy, research and advocacy organisations
Soapbox is committed to equality of opportunity and knows that including employees with a diverse range of perspectives and experiences will improve the quality and creativity of the services we provide. We particularly welcome applications from candidates who are members of groups that are currently under-represented in tech, including women, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
We do not look for higher education requirements in this job ad, so as not to discourage candidates for whom higher education was not available to them. We believe attitude and demonstrable work experience are greater indicators of success in this role.
Soapbox is a creative studio for ideas that matter. We partner with forward-thinking organisations to turn knowledge and evidence into social progress. We are designers, web developers, writers, thinkers, storytellers and problem-solvers. We are passionate about the power of ideas and evidence to build a better world.
We are a flexible and fair employer and our values run through everything we do, from the clients we work with to the way we treat our staff. This has helped us to build a close-knit, hard-working and ambitious team. Many of our colleagues have worked with us for a large part of their career, advancing professionally over their years with us. The role is based in our Whitechapel studio, working alongside like-minded designers, developers and strategists at the top of their field.
Please apply using this link.